The City of North Vernon issues permits for the following:
  • Solicitation
  • Right of Way
  • Digging/boring
  • Driveway construction
  • Street cuts
These may be obtained either through the Street Superintendent, Rick Marksberry, 812-346-1616, or at the Clerk-Treasurer's Office, Carnegie Government Center, 143 E. Walnut St., North Vernon, 812-346-5907.

All requests must be approved by the Street Superintendent before a permit will be issued.

All other permits may be obtained through the Jennings County Area Plan Commission (funded jointly by the City and County.) Their office is located at the Government Center, Vernon, IN. Contact number: 812-352-3005.

If you are unsure of what kind of permit you need, please contact one of the offices listed for further information.
image image image image
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
Information included in this site is believed to be accurate, but is not guaranteed. The City of North Vernon is not liable for errors or omissions.
This page is copyrighted. With the exception of public information, no other information may be duplicated without written authorization.
© 2019 The City of North Vernon, Indiana. All rights reserved.
Website Developed by Wolf Creative Services